Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 12 of October Horror Month: NOSFERATU the silent film




I am unaware of people who prefer the silent film Nosferatu to Dracula (with Bela Lugosi) but I mostly find myself in that lone number. The silent film aspect of this makes some of the scenes move more creepily, the story seems darker, the movements and frames are so odd and other worldly that the sounds I add to the film are pretty much those of fear.

The term Nosferatu seems to derive from the Greek Nosophoros which means disease bringer. And, that, to me also seems more apt. As you will note when you read future entries here, I am not sold into one version of a character or story, it doesn't matter to me, which one is my favorite, all that matters is the one that made me scared or whatever the reaction I was supposed to have.

I hope you enjoy this silent and dark film. It is a scary one.

No comments: